Establishing online presence for yourself and/or for your business is a MUST in order to generate more customers and clients for your offers. If you’ve never created a website before, you may think that you need to hire a web developer to create it for you but it’s important that you learn the website making process yourself. Hiring a programmer is costly and unless you own an established business that generates a high income then it’s not worth it. By learning the website making process, you will gain a lot of valuable skills that will benefit your business in the long run. Also, starting a simple business website or blog is actually VERY EASY if you’re using WordPress and free resources available on the internet.
Before I get into the website making process, I just want to briefly explain to you the types of websites that most likely you’ll be creating for your online business. Your website will be either a blog, a business/informational website, or a landing page.
A blog usually has a couple of pages and a section where you can regularly post articles that will be of interest to your site viewers. This type is suitable for internet marketers and bloggers who want to provide beneficial information to an audience in a specific niche, promote related products and services, and monetize the website (Earnings from advertisements).
A business or informational website is usually a number of pages only without a blog section (but a lot of businesses started adding a blog section to attract more customers). You can use this to display products, services, company data, shopping cart and checkout section, contact information, and any other additional details. Technically, you will not be updating the content of this website often or making regular posts (unless you add a blog section).
A one page or a landing page website is just a one page sharing information about a specific product or service with the internet of promoting/selling it (Ex. Amazon review sites). Also another popular strategy is a landing page where the marketer is providing minor details about a product and he/she wants to your submit your contact information to see more details. This is suitable for affiliate marketers who want to redirect customers to the offer page of their affiliated company.
Website Making Process (9 Major Steps):
1. Register a Domain: You can get a domain from any domain registrar for an average annual fee of $10-20 (price depends on the extension: .com, .net, .org, .club, etc). REGISTER A DOMAIN HERE >>>
2. Register Web Hosting: Web hosting is technically a server that saves your website information and displays it on the internet. You can get a shared hosting for an average monthly fee of $5-20. REGISTER WEB HOSTING HERE >>>
3. Domain and Web Hosting Linking: If you buy your domain and web hosting from two separate providers then you need to connect these services together. You will receive two name servers (ns1 and ns2) from the hosting company and you need to insert these name servers in the DNS section of your new domain.
4. WordPress Installation: WordPress is the easiest and most popular application to build your websites. You will receive access to control panel (which is the configuration page for your hosting) from your hosting provider and usually you can access it by going to: yourdomain.com/cpanel. When you get in, go to the applications section and click on the WordPress icon to start the installation process.
5. Website Dashboard: After installing WordPress successfully, you’ll be able to login to the dashboard area of your website and start building it. You can access this dashboard area by going to: yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
6. Website Themes: When you login to the dashboard area, this is where all the magic happens. The first thing I recommend you to do is to click on the change your theme and find a suitable theme design for your online business. You will find thousands of options so try to save your time by just choosing one that you think is good.
7. Website Content: After selecting a theme, you can go to the pages section and start creating pages you want to be displayed on your website. You can always save and go back later to edit the content as much as you want. If you decide to do a blog, you should be going to the posts section to write your articles instead of the pages. It’s a good idea to consider SEO while writing your content >>>
8. Website Plugins: You will notice that regardless of what theme you select, there will always be some features missing and so you can always use the plugins section to install apps and tools that will assist you in the website making process. Plugins are the most IMPORTANT thing in a WordPress site so make sure that you invest time and effort in learning them.
9. Indexing Your Website: After website design completion, you need to do some simple steps to get your website on the search engines (Google, Bing, Yandex, etc) so people can find your website. I suggest that you verify and index your website with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. Learn more about SEO Basics and Page Indexing Here >>>